Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Artist Research 1: Sabrina Ratte

The artist I chose to do my first artist research on is Sabrina Ratte. The reason I chose her is because I am intrigued on her use of the digital to create very unique works. I feel that her work and area of study is very relevant to me and what I am currently studying. She prefers to work in video, as do I, and she integrates 3D animation and feedback into her works. I respect the she pushes the boundaries on the physical and virtual world.

Image result for sabrina ratte built in views

Sabrina's work "Built in Views" is my favorite. The animation of the installation within itself is very impressive. It looks as if you have been transported to a new place. The room she uses is also very clever. It appears as if she uses mirrors and rotation walls to her advantage in order to make the viewer feel that they are completed enclosed in the space and transported into a different realm. This work inspires me to learn how she has accomplished this and wanting to be able to work like this of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment