Thursday, March 21, 2019

Artist Research

Romy Achituv & Camille Utterback

For my artist research I chose Camille Utterback and Romy Achituv. What caught my interest is their installation "Text Rain". Participants in the installation get to play with imaginary letters with parts of their body. I think its very interesting that the letters were interactive and they participants could actually play with the installation rather than just stand in front of it and watch images on the screen.

I feel like in a way this relates to my 3rd project with the dancers in Falk. The projection of the dancer will be interacting with the live dancer and I feel inspired by their specific installation. I want the installation to be fun and creative like theirs. It leads to the possibilities for myself in the future to perhaps expand on the installation and have it interact with anyone and focus on different dance movement.

http://camilleutterback.com/projects/text-rain/

No comments:

Post a Comment